- TYPE Terre Siciliane IGT - 'Grillo'
- PRODUCTION AREA Salemi. 300 m. slm East exposure.
- VARIETY Grillo 100%
- TYPE OF SOIL Medium-textured soil tending to sandy.
- VINIFICATION After destemming and maceration for a few hours, the grapes are lightly pressed before fermentation takes place at a controlled temperature (16-18 °) in stainless steel tanks for about 10-12 days. left sur lies for a couple of months before being bottled.
- TRAINING SYSTEM Espalier system, guyot
- COLOR Intense straw yellow with golden reflections
- BOUQUET Rich bouquet of tropical fruits with notes of grapefruit, citrus and aromatic herbs
- PAIRINGS Excellent pairing with dishes based on fish and seafood, with spicy dishes, or as an aperitif with a bowl of green olives
- TASTE Well balanced wine, full and round on the palate, with a pleasant mineral note and a savory finish
- DESCRIPTION It was 1875, when Vito Curatolo Arini, in the wake of his success as a private winemaker, decided to transform his business into a winery. In the midst of his own vineyards, in the westernmost portion of Sicily, he built what, still today, is an avant-garde oenological plant, and began to produce fine Marsala wines, appreciated and marketed, right away, all over the world. Vito also commissioned Ernesto Basile, father of the famous Sicilian Liberty or Art Nouveau, to design the label of his first Marsala; this label is still in use today and is known for its originality and elegance. In 1970, then, an important turning point occurred for the Curatolo Arini 1875 winery: the family decided, in fact, to add to its production a wide range of still wines, obtained exclusively from Sicilian native vines, such as nero d'avola, frappato , inzolia and catarratto; these, which had already conquered the international market in 1975, still magnificently express the unique character of the Sicilian territory. Each new generation has then contributed to writing a new chapter in the history of the company, thus carrying on the family winemaking tradition. The important collaboration, close in 2004, with the wine expert Alberto Antonini, gave them the opportunity to introduce single-variety wines even in the best restaurants and wine bars in the world, consecrating them to success. Curatolo Arini 1875 best interprets all the qualities of the great Sicilian wines, and represents the territory in all its subtlest nuances.